Who can resist a warm, buttery, soft, dinner roll fresh from the oven? I know I can’t. These dinner rolls are so good, I almost wanted to name them Heavenly Dinner Rolls instead.
Making homemade dinner rolls is something people seem to save only for holidays and special occasions. This is usually because they are perceived as time-consuming and difficult. Lucky for you, I made sure these rolls are quick and easy enough that you can now have a fresh, warm, dinner roll any time the desire hits you.
Make these today! You’ll thank me later.
- 3 3/4 – 4 1/4 C All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Instant Yeast
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 C Water
- 2/3 C Soymilk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 375℉. In the large bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, add milk and water. Test temperature of liquid mixture, you want it at 120℉ before continuing.
- Add warm liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Add lemon juice.
- Knead 3-5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Let sit, covered, while you butter a 9 inch baking dish.
- Remove dough from bowl, and cut it into 15-16 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball, and place into prepared baking dish. Brush with melted butter. Cover pan with plastic wrap and let rise 20-30 minutes, or until doubled.
- Bake rolls for 14-16 minutes, until tops turn golden brown and internal temp reaches 195℉-205℉.
- Brush with more melted butter, and sprinkle tops with coarse salt, if desired.