What says summer more than fresh strawberries? I mostly grew up eating fruit crisps, but lately cobblers have been stealing my admiration. There are quite a few variations of cobblers, some are cakey, some are more biscuity. This strawberry cobbler is of the cakey version. It is so simple and quick to make, and SO DELICIOUS. Easy enough for weeknight dessert, but delicious enough for parties and special occasions as well. I’m telling you, once you make this you’re going to wish to do this with all the fruits and berries you have around!
- 3 C Fresh Strawberries, Sliced
- 1 C Sugar (if strawberries happen to be very sour, consider adding 1/4 C more to strawberry mixture)
- 1 C All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- 1 C Unsweetened Soymilk (can be almond, coconut, etc.)
- 1 Earth Balance Butter Stick (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- In a medium sized bowl stir together sliced strawberries and 1/2 C of your sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, salt, baking powder, remaining 1/2 sugar.
- Add soymilk, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir until combined and few lumps remain.
- Pour batter mixture into a greased 9-inch baking dish or deep 9-inch pie dish.
- Spoon strawberry mixture evenly all over the top of the batter Include some of the liquid from the strawberries, but not too much or you end up with a soupy cobbler.
- Bake for 35-40 mins, or until batter is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Serve with a generous scoup of ice cream and whipped topping.